Natural alternatives to Prednisone
There are different circumstances that may trigger inflammatory processes within the body. Sometimes it's the damaged tissue that causes the condition, while in other cases it's an infection that makes the body respond with inflammation. Genetic predisposition also has a bi weight in the development of inflammatory conditions, as health problems like rheumatoid arthritis are known to pass from parents to children. What you eat and where you live can also be the cause of the problem, as the food may contain germs that cause inflammation and your environment can also be a major contributing factor with lots of pollutant substances affecting your health in general.
The foods that are closely associated with inflammatory processes include saturated fats, oils, fatty acids and sugar. So if you want to reduce your exposure to inflammation factors you should definitely avoid fast food, prefabricated meals, fast food, sugar-based drinks and sweets.
If you want to avoid inflammation due to foods, you should eat the kind of food that is beneficial for your health in general. Besides preventing the development of inflammation, such foods will generally improve your health and make you feel much better.
So pay attention to what you put on the plate, if you do not want to struggle from inflammatory problems later. The elements required for reducing inflammation include quercetin, capsacain, bromelain, omega 3 fatty acids, gingerols, , and curcumin. These substances are generally found in ginger, spices, turmeric and chili peppers.
So if you want to reduce inflammation the natural way without using drugs like Prednisone, the following five types of food will certainly help you out:
- Fruits like cherry and apples have a high content of quercetin that will help reduce any inflammation.
- Vegetables like kale, cabbage, cauliflower and broccoli will also be very helpful in stopping inflammation.
- The bad breath duo - onion and garlic - are on the other hand very helpful in reducing inflammation. Besides being very rich in quercetin, both onion and garlic also have antibiotic properties that are very beneficial in treating many health conditions that involve inflammation.
- Pineapples have a high content of bromelain and therefore help stopping inflammatory conditions. Besides being very tasty, pineapples also help relieving pain and swelling associated with inflammation.
- Omega 3 oils contained in certain types of fish such as salmon, herring, mackerel and sardines are not only beneficial for reducing inflammation but are known to improve the health in general.
So not you know which types of food offer natural anti-inflammation action. Of course, when there's severe inflammation it's better to use special drugs such as Prednisone. But if you are uncertain, or your condition is not that severe, it's much better to go the natural way. Moreover, by eating these types of food you will be able to improve your health in general, and that's certainly a very positive side effect that no medication will offer. The choice is up to you, but you will certainly select the most beneficial way of reducing inflammation available.